FOSTERING INNOVATION IN ATKINSON HALL
All applicants will submit a proposal that will be reviewed by a Qualcomm Institute faculty committee with campus-wide representation. Organizations will be reviewed and selected based on a variety of factors, including:
- Letters of endorsement or support commitments from other UCSD, San Diego and National organizations (such as von Liebig Center, CONNECT, EvoNexus, BIOCOM, etc.);
- Relevance to strategic plans of QI and UC San Diego;
- Depth and breadth of collaborations with QI and UCSD; and
- Commitment to community education through the use of interns, entrepreneur education via community outreach and mentor programs.
The successful organization must:
- Agree to Atkinson Hall building occupancy rules;
- Execute a lease through the UCSD real estate office;
- Secure licenses through UCSD Tech Transfer Office (TTO) if intellectual property (IP) arrangements or material transfer agreements are involved; and
- Process any service agreement through the UCSD Procurement Office if such an agreement must be established.
For more information about the Qualcomm Institute Innovation Space, click on the About tab at the top of this page.