All events at QI are assigned an Event Coordinator to work closely with our clients throughout the planning process. Our Event Coordinators are familiar with the Atkinson Hall facilities, UCSD policies, event management, safety and fiscal budgeting. We work closely with vendors to ensure that our clients receive the very best rates, services and products. Here are the services that we can facilitate:
- Pre-event registration and payment systems
- On-site registration
- Event furniture and equipment rentals
- Transportation and parking
- Hotel accommodations and room blocks
- Florals and event design
- Alcohol and bartending services
- Directional signage
- Poster presentations and exhibit design
- Communication and public relations
- Identifying additional venues in the greater San Diego area, examples: Zoo, Padres, Marine Room, Balboa Park, Mr. A’s, etc.
AUDIO / VISUAL SUPPORT
We have a talented team of in-house AV Specialists equipped to support all of our clients’ technology needs. The AV team supports all Atkinson Hall facilities and are available on a recharge basis. Once your reservation is complete, we put you in touch with our AV team to discuss your unique requirements. To learn more about our audio / visual capabilities, please click here.
- Event recording and editing
- Live webcasting
- Video production
- 4K/8K projection
- Technology equipment
We have professional photographers in-house available to capture your event. Photo service includes the photographer, photo editing and uploading for your use. To learn more about our photography services, please click here.
MEETING SUPPORT SERVICES
Event Services support is also available for activities held in Atkinson Hall Meeting Rooms. Meeting support is usually less extensive, but can be a great time-saver for the activity host. Support options include:
- Making Atkinson Hall meeting room reservations
- Help freeing time-blocks to hold an activity in a single meeting room
- General meeting support
- Catering and deliveries
- Basic AV meeting support
- State-of-the-art meeting rooms
- Live web streaming and teleconferencing
Want to learn more about the amazing research and collaborations happening at UC San Diego’s Qualcomm Institute? Guided tours and research demonstrations are available to collaborators of QI and the general public, on a recharge basis, pending approval. Standard tours and demos include 4K projection in the Auditorium, demonstrations of VROOM, 3D virtual reality in the Immersive Visualization Lab and the StarCAVE. Guided tours of specialized research labs such as Nano3, Robotics, or the gallery are also available pending approval and availability. To learn more about our tour services, please click here
**All QI event support services are provided on a recharge basis in accordance with UC San Diego policy. Please view our Rates + Policies information here.